Sunday 4 August 2013

nathan update - 12 months old!



Ahhhh, it's been so long since I've been able to get onto my blog and write a post. But here I am and I cannot believe I'm about to do Nathan's 12 month update. That's a whole year old folks - four seasons of having Nathan in my life and it's been incredible!

There is a lot to update and not a lot of time, so as usual here are the highlights:

  • Nate's crawling has gained speed and he is a super cruiser too! He loves his little walker and spends time walking up and down our house on it. He isn't walking independently yet, but I don't think it will be long.
  • He has a lot more teeth! The total is now eight, yep eight, so he cut four teeth in the last month! He is taking it all in his stride, and has a cute toothy grin now. 
  • Nate had 2 birthday parties to celebrate turning 1. The first was very low key with only a few family members on the actual day. And yesterday we had a birthday party with all his little buddies who turned 1 within a few weeks of each other. We had a picnic at a farm and it was perfect.
  • Nate's hair is so long now, we nearly got it cut the other day but chickened out! We might have to cut it soon.
  • Nate still likes to babble and I swear a few days ago he said "Sasha" and then 10 minutes later said "Ducky". I'm sure of it! He hasn't repeated any words since. 
  • His favourite activity at the moment is putting stuff into containers or holes or slots.  I bought him a little wooden mailbox with wooden letters and he really loves putting the letters through the slot. He likes his plastic golf set too and waving the clubs around. 
  • His current favourite food has got to be a cheese omelette. He loooooves Daddy's omelettes. He also likes strawberries and toast. And he now likes trying to feed himself with a spoon , but he is not very good at it. 
And now for the photos.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love his hair, it is such a gorgeous colour! My mum has just trimmed the back of Lucas' but he hasn't had a proper haircut yet and he is two this month. I like the picture of him in the tunnel. I hope he has enjoyed all the celebrations turning one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't time fly? Love his hat :-)

    Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie he is...love that mischievous little grin of his! :D
    Happy Birthday, Nate, welcome to toddlerhood!

    ReplyDelete